ACOA Priorities 2019
Support is provided through:
- Flexible tools and programs
- Repayable contributions to businesses
- Non-repayable contributions to community and support organizations
- Convening and pathfinding
ACOA’s budget in 2019-2020 is $352.7M and the Agency plans to invest $275.1M in businesses and communities.
ACOA has 28 service points across Atlantic Canada and 578 FTEs, including a small presence in Ottawa.
ACOA supports the government’s economic priorities:
- Targeted, integrated place-based approach
- Delivers programs to firms and communities
- Advocates for the interests of the region
- Supports federal-provincial collaboration
- Provides intelligence on the Atlantic economy to various federal institutions
ACOA supports businesses and communities
- Since 2015, ACOA has helped approximately 1500 businesses, creating or maintaining close to 8000 jobs in Atlantic Canada.
- Since 2015, ACOA has supported more than 500 communities.
ACOA is a key funding partner
- For each $1 invested by ACOA, other funders invested $1.44.
ACOA's impact on businesses
- Sales by ACOA-assisted firms grew by an average of 2.7% per year, compared to 0.3% for unassisted firms.
- Total exports by ACOA-assisted firms totalled $2.24 billion in 2016, an average increase of 7.6% per year since 2011.
ACOA’s current action areas:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Clean growth
- Startup ecosystem
- National programs
- Program simplification
- Indigenous economic development
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: