2014 Royal Tour of Canada by Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall toured Halifax and Pictou County in Nova Scotia; Charlottetown, Bonshaw, and Cornwall in Prince Edward Island; and Winnipeg in Manitoba.
Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 18:35 ADT
- Administrative arrival to Canada and Nova Scotia.
- Private audience with the Governor General of Canada at Government House, Halifax.
Monday, May 19 - Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 10:00 ADT
- Official Welcome to Canada and Nova Scotia ceremony at the Grand Parade in Halifax.
- Visit to the Military Family Resource 12:30 - His Royal Highness toured the Halifax Public Gardens and planted a tree adjacent to the oak tree planted by King George VI in June 1939.
- Her Royal Highness visited Northbrook Community Centre (Alice Housing), Halifax to meet and interact with some of the families, supporters and partners of the House.
- Visit of the Halifax Seaport Farmer’s Market14:00 - Tour of the Canadian Museum of Immigration Pier 21 where Their Royal Highnesses met with war brides and Second World War veterans
Pictou County, Nova Scotia
- Celtic Celebration and tour of Hector Heritage Quay and museum
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- Administrative arrival at Charlottetown International Airport.
- Victoria Day celebration at Province House, Charlottetown. The event also marked the 150th anniversary of the 1864 Charlottetown Conference, which paved the way to Confederation.
Tuesday, May 20 - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- 10:05 ADT
- Youth Parliament in the Legislative Chamber of Prince Edward Island and tour of the historic Confederation Chamber.
- Confederation Centre of the Arts Memorial Hall where His Royal Highness was presented with the Symons Medal
- His Royal Highness visited Holland College – Prince of Wales Campus
- Her Royal Highness toured the Prince Edward Home 13:00 - His Royal Highness met with members of the Canadian Institute of Forestry at Government House, Charlottetown.
- Cornwall United Church to meet with Prince Edward Island groups, including women’s organizations, veterans, community groups and volunteers.
- His Royal Highness toured Bonshaw Provincial Park 15:00 - Her Royal Highness met students at Immanuel Christian School, Charlottetown.
- 18:05 CST
- Administrative arrival at Canadian Forces Base Winnipeg.
- Reception at Government House
Wednesday, May 21 - Winnipeg, Manitoba
- 10:20 CST
- Aerospace and Aviation in Manitoba Day
- Winnie the Pooh Gallery at the Pavilion Gallery Museum.
- His Royal Highness visited the International Polar Bear Conservation Centre at the new “Journey to Churchill” exhibition at the Assiniboine Park Zoo and meets Hudson, the polar bear.
- Her Royal Highness visited the Royal Winnipeg Ballet to celebrate the Ballet’s 75th anniversary and profile community outreach programs that bring dance to low-income children and adults with varied movement abilities.
- His Royal Highness visited Place Bernadette Poirier and joined a community reception to mark the opening of the facility.
- His Royal Highness visited Innovation Alley to meet with entrepreneurs who will showcase and demonstrate their local products.
- Her Royal Highness met with representatives of the Assiniboine Credit Union to learn about their unique business model including the innovative programs that have been created to help low-income families and the local organizations that support them in the community.
- His Royal Highness visited Red River College16:00 - His Royal Highness received representatives of his regiments, the Royal Winnipeg Rifles and the Air Reserve of Canada at the Fairmont Hotel.
- His Royal Highness presents long service medals to members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. The Prince of Wales is the Honourary Commissioner of the RCMP.
- Her Royal Highness received representatives of the Queen’s Own Rifles Regiment at the Fairmont Hotel, Manitoba.
- Order of Manitoba Investiture at the Manitoba Legislature.
- Official Farewell to Canada and Manitoba ceremony.
- Administrative departure from Canada and Manitoba, Canadian Forces Base Winnipeg.
- Before departing, Their Royal Highnesses visited a recently restored heritage aircraft: the 1928 Fokker Super Universal.
- 20:55 CST
Depart Canadian Forces Base Winnipeg for RAF Brize Norton, UK.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: