Cyber Security Awareness Month (CSAM)
October 1, 2020 – Defence Stories
October marks Cyber Security Awareness Month (CSAM), an important time of year for Defence Team members to foster understanding on how to protect themselves, their families, their workplace and their devices through cyber security.
This year, we recognize CSAM under the theme of “Cyber Resilience”.
We all play an important role in cyber security. Be Cyber Resilient: Stay Aware | Think Resilience | Take Action.
- Defence CIO opening statement (01/10/20)
- Canadian Centre for Cyber Security
- Get Cyber Safe
- National Cyber Security Strategy
- Stay Ahead of Cyber Threats (Video)
- An Introduction to the Cyber Threat Environment
- ADM(IM) Intranet CSAM page (Accessible only on the National Defence network)
- Cyber Security Awareness Month - Morning Coffee with Director General Information Capabilities Force Development (DGICFD)
- Cyber Security Awareness Month – Join the Cyber Security Awareness Team on MS Teams!
- CSAM Cyber Security Quiz (User identification and password required)
- Cyber Resilience tips from a Cyber Operator
In addition to staying home and staying safe, be proactive by learning what you can do to stay safe online. It is important to stay informed about cyber security during times of heightened levels of technology use.
Cyber safety during COVID-19
Get helpful advice and guidance on how to protect yourself and your technology, including how to do so when working remotely.
- Staying cyber-healthy during COVID-19 isolation
- Staying cyber safe while teleworking
- Considerations when using video-teleconference products and services
- Cyber Hygiene for COVID-19
- Don't Take the Bait: Recognize and Avoid Phishing Attacks
Learn about Information Technology (IT) Security
Gain a foundational understanding of IT security that can be adapted to organizational contexts across the public service. Equip yourself to better support IT security in the Government of Canada.
Note: These courses are hosted externally by the Cyber Centre Learning Hub at the Canadian Centre for Cyber Security. When you launch the course, you will be redirected to its Learning Management System login page.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: