Committee members needed for the Corporate Awards Programs
April 13, 2020 – Defence Stories
Do you believe that recognizing hard work across the Department is of utmost importance and want to be involved? If so, this might be your big break!
The Corporate Awards and Recognition Secretariat (CARS) is seeking volunteers to become a member for one of their future selection committees, and they are extending the invitation to the entire Defence Team!
The CARS support the Deputy Minister and the Chief of the Defence Staff in recognizing the achievements of both civilian and military members of the Defence Team.
You may have the opportunity to select winners for:
- Celebrating Excellence Awards;
- DM Commendations (Youth and Student Award, Wellness Award, Diversity and Inclusion Award, and Environment Award);
- External Awards Programs.
For 2021, all selection committee meetings will be conducted virtually.
What’s required of our committee members:
- 1 hour video call to meet the selection committee and discuss evaluation criteria;
- 1 – 2 weeks to review and evaluate nominations at their leisure;
- 1 hour selection committee meeting to review nominations, come to a consensus on the most worthy accomplishments, and make recommendations to the DM for approval.
Members can benefit from:
- Being part of the decision making;
- Learning new skills;
- Meeting others in the organization;
- Understanding what is needed to develop a fulsome and strong nomination.
We strongly encourage anyone interested to submit their name!
The CARS will contact you with further details should you be chosen as a member for one of the corporate awards selection committees. At that time, the CARS will confirm your interest and availability to participate.
Submit your name using the following form (Accessible only on the National Defence Network)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: