Defence Team celebrates National Public Service Week 2021 | A message from the Champion
June 10, 2021 - Defence Stories
Next week, the Defence Team celebrates National Public Service Week (NPSW). This is an opportunity to acknowledge the contributions and achievements of our dedicated public service employees across DND/CAF.
I am extremely proud to be your NPSW Champion and am honoured to work alongside each and every one of you, especially as Canadians continue to rely on our work to keep our country safe and healthy.
Public servants across the Defence Team fulfil unique roles and perform a variety of duties that greatly contribute to the efforts of the Canadian Armed Forces at home and around the world, including Operation LASER, our response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
With such a diverse and expansive portfolio, we should all take great pride in the work and services that we provide to Canadians. Every year, NPSW is celebrated with the theme, “Proudly Serving Canadians,” which speaks volumes to what we achieve each and every day.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and in line with public health guidelines, the Defence Team will celebrate virtually this year. You can participate by:
- Following the official National Defence Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin (you are now leaving the Government of Canada website) accounts, throughout the week of June 14, to get involved and join the conversation using #NPSW2021 and #ServCDNs.
- Sending a Defence Team colleague or team a Virtual Shout-Out (June 14-18).
- Telling us what makes you most proud about working for the Public Service by leaving a comment or photo* on our Facebook page (you are now leaving the Government of Canada website), on Wednesday, June 16.
- Joining us on the National Defence Facebook page (you are now leaving the Government of Canada website) on Friday, June 18, to leave a photo* of your work from home setup.
- Staying connected and virtually engaged with your team and continuing to foster the Defence Team spirit.
*Ensure no sensitive content is included, for our security and privacy!
Thank you for your impressive efforts and hard work. I hope you take some time to reflect on, and celebrate, your milestones over the past year.
Associate Assistant Deputy Minister (Information Management)
National Public Service Week Champion
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: