Bravo Zulu Defence Team Members: Vaccination Update
June 4, 2021 - Defence Stories
The COVID-19 vaccination rollout has been underway since early January. We are proud to highlight that to date more than 90 per cent of eligible Canadian Armed Forces members have chosen to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. We are also encouraged to see that provincial/territorial vaccine rollouts are picking up steam across the country, providing vaccines to our public service employees.
We asked our members why they chose, or will choose, to get their vaccine. Here’s just some of their answers:
- To help protect those who can’t get the vaccine
- To go to the mess again
- So that I can safely travel to another province on course
- To hug my grandma and grandpa
- To relieve some of the anxiety I feel
- So I don’t have to keep saying “sorry, I was on mute”
- To hopefully not hear the words “14-day isolation” for a very long time
- To serve my country
- To see NHL games in person again
- For pipe band practice
- So that I can deploy
- For the return of air shows
- To do a run or march with people again
- For my little one
- Hugs, fist bumps, and handshakes
- It’s how I do my part
Each time a Defence Team member rolls up their sleeve, we add an extra layer of protection to our communities and enhance our ability to protect Canada.
Whatever your “why” is, thank you for choosing to get the COVID-19 vaccine. And don’t forget to get your second dose of your two-dose series!
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: