Proudly Serving Canadians: A message from the DM and A/CDS on National Public Service Week
June 14, 2021 - Defence Stories
Today marks the launch of National Public Service Week (NPSW) (June 13-19) and is an opportunity to celebrate the many ways in which public service employees across the Defence Team are “Proudly Serving Canadians” to ensure Canada is strong at home, secure in North America, and engaged in the world. It is also an opportunity to recognize our strength as a military and civilian Defence Team because together, we do incredible work for which we should all be proud.
The flexibility, resilience and excellence that has been continually demonstrated by each of you despite the challenging environment Defence Team members have been faced with, especially over the past year, is impressive, valued and appreciated. Simply put, we could not accomplish what we do without you. Thank you for your ongoing contributions.
While we can’t gather as we have in the past, we will stay connected virtually to celebrate our incredible achievements. There are several ways to get involved and we encourage you to do so by:
- Making a colleague’s day by leaving them a “Virtual” Shout-Out" to acknowledge their efforts and hard work. These messages will be displayed on the DND Shout-Out Bulletin Board, and housed on The Maple Leaf;
- Telling us what makes you most proud about working for the Public Service by leaving a comment on our Facebook page;
- On Wednesday, June 16, look for the #NPSW2021 post on DND Facebook, and leave a comment or photo*.
- Sharing your unique, home office space* on our Facebook page.
- Join us on the DND Facebook on Friday, June 18, and show us your work from home setup*.
*Ensure no sensitive content is included, for our security and privacy!
This is your week, so take the time to connect with your colleagues and participate online through social media using #NPSW, #NPSW21 and #ServCdns to join the conversation with fellow public servants.
We are proud to serve alongside you and appreciate your tireless efforts to deliver important services to our country. Please take time this week – and on a regular basis – to recognize and celebrate your achievements.
LGen Wayne Eyre
Acting Chief of the Defence Staff
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: