Save the Date for the National Defence Black History Month Event 2023
January 26, 2023 - Defence Stories
What: National Defence Black History Month Event 2023: Ours to tell
Date: Monday, February 6, 2023
Time: 1 PM to 2 PM (EST)
Where: In person: Carling Campus Pavilion, Virtually: MS Stream
In celebration of Black History Month, Defence Team members are invited to join the Deputy Minister, the Chief of the Defence Staff, the Defence Champion for Visible Minorities, and special guests for a national virtual/in-person event on Monday, February 6, 2023.
Under the theme “Ours to tell”, this event will be an opportunity to celebrate and learn more about the important contributions and achievements of Black Defence Team members.
This event, featuring a panel discussion and a Q&A session, will be hybrid. Defence Team members are invited to attend in-person at Carling Campus or virtually by watching the live broadcast of the event on the MS Stream.
- Denise Moore and Chief Warrant Officer Suzanne McAdam, Defence Visible Minorities Advisory Group Co-Chairs
- Deputy Minister Bill Matthews, Department of National Defence
- General Wayne Eyre, Chief of the Defence Staff
- Faduno Ali and Major Christopher Stobbs, Defence Team Black Employees Network
The panel will encourage open, honest and constructive conversations about Black History in Canada, and the experiences of the Black Canadians in the Canadian Armed Forces, Public Service and the private sector.
The panel will be moderated by Commodore Jacques Olivier, Defence Team Champion for Visible Minorities and Director General Professional Conduct and Development within Chief Professional Conduct and Culture (CPCC). It will feature four panelists:
Chief of Communications Security Establishment
Master Warrant Officer Gareth Webb
Executive Assistant to Sergeant Major, CPCC
CPCC Headquarters Sergeant Major, Canadian Armed Forces
Major (ret’d) Austin Douglas
Senior Manager, General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada
Senior Executive Partner, Gartner Canada
Panelists will take questions from the in-person and virtual audience submitted via Slido during the event.
- Slido URL: https://app.sli.do/event/buHuGddNBLzkswfahaxQuN, Event code: #bhmmhn. Please note that you will be prompted to provide your name and email when submitting a question. Questions asked without a name will be disregarded. Thank you!
Join us in this celebration of Black culture in Canada and to learn more about the unique perspectives and lived experiences of the Black community. Together we can act to make DND/CAF an inclusive, safe and equitable environment for all.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: