Invictus Games 2020 Team Canada Announcement
February 4, 2020 – Ottawa – National Defence / Canadian Armed Forces
Media are invited to an event at Ottawa City Hall, where the 32 serving members and veterans of the Candian Armed Forces officially selected as Team Canada for the Invictus Games The Hague 2020 will be announced.
Attending the event will be:
- The Honourable Harjit S. Sajjan, Minister of National Defence
- The Honourable Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence
- Ms. Frederieke Quispel, Chargé d’affaires of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- General Jonathan Vance, Chief of the Defence Staff
- His Worship Jim Watson, Mayor of the City of Ottawa
Team Canada will be comprised of 14 currently serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces and 18 veterans, all of whom acquired an illness or a physical or mental health injury while serving Canada. They will join more than 500 competitors from 20 nations participating in 10 adaptive sports throughout the course of this year’s Invictus Games, which will run from May 9th to 16th in The Hague, the Netherlands.
WHAT: Invictus Games 2020 Team Canada announcement
WHEN: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 12:10 p.m.
Ottawa City Hall
110 Laurier Avenue West
- Soldier On
- Invictus Games The Hague 2020
- Team Canada Invictus Games 2020
- True Patriot Love Foundation
Notes to editor / news director:
There will be opportunities to capture imagery throughout the event. A media availability with members of Team Canada and other designated spokespersons will follow. Please contact Lieutenant (Navy) Kelly Boyden, Team Canada Public Affairs Officer, at 613-323-7356 or by email at Kelly.Boyden@forces.gc.ca to RSVP or for more details.
Lieutenant (Navy) Kelly Boyden
Team Canada Public Affairs Officer
Office of the Minister of National Defence
Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defense
Senior Officer Communications & Public Diplomacy
Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Date modified: