Acting Chief of the Defence Staff announces additional 2021 Canadian Armed Forces General and Flag Officer senior promotions and appointments
May 14, 2021 – Ottawa – National Defence / Canadian Armed Forces
Lieutenant-General Wayne Eyre, Acting Chief of the Defence Staff, has announced additions to the list of Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) General and Flag Officer senior appointments and promotions for 2021. These promotions and appointments support recent decisions on military institutional initiatives.
The most recent promotions and appointments are as follows:
- Major-General Jennie Carignan was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant-General and appointed to the recently announced position created to lead the effort to address the current systemic challenge related to culture, as Chief Professional Conduct and Culture, in Ottawa.
- Major-General Steven Whelan was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant-General and appointed as Commander Military Personnel Command and Chief of Military Personnel, in Ottawa resulting in the following promotions and appointments:
- Brigadier-General Lise Bourgon was promoted to the rank of Major-General and appointed as Deputy Commander Military Personnel Command and Assistant Chief of Military Personnel, replacing Major-General Steven Whelan.
- Commodore Josée Kurtz will be appointed Commandant Royal Military College, in place of the initial appointment of Brigadier-General Lise Bourgon, when Brigadier-General Sébastien Bouchard retires on August 15, 2021.
- Brigadier-General Nancy Tremblay will be promoted to the rank of Major-General and appointed to a new temporary position as Chief Materiel Program, in Ottawa resulting in the following promotion and appointment:
- Colonel Marc Rodgers will be promoted Brigadier-General and appointed Director General Aerospace Equipment Program Management, in Ottawa.
- Captain (Navy) David Mazur will be promoted Acting While so Employed Commodore and appointed Commander Canadian Fleet Pacific, in Esquimalt, replacing Commodore Angus Topshee.
The full list of 2021 promotions and appointments is available on the website.
Biographies of senior officers may be made available upon request by contacting Media Relations.
Department of National Defence
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: