Services provided by CFSG(O-G)
Military Chaplaincy in the NCR
The Chaplain Services Team of Canadian Forces Support Unit (Ottawa) is dedicated to offering spiritual, religious, moral and ethical support to Canadian Forces personnel and their families within the National Capital Region (NCR).
The Military Chapel (Building 337) and Chaplain Office (Building 469) are located in Uplands at the intersection of Breadner Blvd and DeNiverville Pvt.
Sunday Services are held at 09:30 (Protestant denominations) and 11:15 Roman Catholic (Mass).
Other Multi-Faith rooms are available within the NCR and can be booked
Please call the Chaplain Services Office Manager at 613-998-3246 or email +email@example.com for details of these and other services.
Uplands Building 469,
National Defence Headquarters,
101 Colonel By Drive,
Ottawa ON K1A 0K2.
CFSG(O-G) Clothing Stores
Please note that Clothing Stores is closed to customers with the exception of deployments, releases and operational emergencies until further notice. Please email for appointment requests.
To book an appointment for deployment, initial kitting, exchanges/returns or deployment return please contact Clothing Stores directly via email:
DWAN: +CFSU(O) Clothing@CFSU(O) Tech Svcs@Ottawa-Hull
To book an appointment for release clothing return, please contact our Release Section directly via email :
DWAN: +CFSU(O) Release_Clothing@CFSU(O) Tech Svcs@Ottawa-Hull
Clothing Stores is located on the west side of the basement of the National Printing Bureau at:
45 Sacré-Coeur Blvd in Gatineau.
Hours of operation
(for the Office, Clothing Counter, Warehouse and Tailor Shop)
- Monday-Tuesday-Thursday-Friday: 8:00 am - 2:00pm*
*Doors will be locked at 1:55 pm in order to process the remaining personnel (already at the Clothing Counter)
- Wednesday: Appointments only (ie. last-minute deployment kitting)
- In support of the reserve personnel only, we are also open Tuesday evenings from 4:00 pm until 8:00 pm from September to April only.
- After hours contact for urgent requirement : Duty Supply Tech: 343-549-0562.
Appointments are required for members releasing from the CF as well as all issues, returns and/or exchanges of clothing and/or equipment consisting of 10 or more items.
Less than 10 items no appointment is required.
Appointments may be scheduled by email
For any emergencies during normal working hours, please contact: I/C Front Counter at 819-939-9555. (After normal working hours or for urgent requirements call 343-549-0562.)
The Comptroller is located in Building 5 East, First Floor, Q13, complexe Carling du QGDN. The Comptroller is comprised of three main sections, Comptroller Management, Claims Audit and Cashier. Comptroller Management's key responsibilities include the day to day management of the CFSG(Ottawa-Gatineau) budget, DRMIS training, organization and establishment.
Comptroller Management provides numerous financial services on behalf of the Commandant CFSG(Ottawa-Gatineau). Specific services include organization and establishment, write-offs, Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), coordination of the CFSG(Ottawa-Gatineau) Business Plan, provide FMAS training, accounts payable and receivable, liaise between CFSG(Ottawa-Gatineau) and PWGSC on financial matters and act as unit coordinator for the Universal Classification Standard (UCS).
The CFSG Ottawa-Gatineau Cashier is located at building 5 East, First Floor, P15, NDHQ Carling. The hours of operation are from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm, Monday to Friday. To obtain service or more information on the cashier, please contact DND.CashierCFSUO-CaissierUSFCO.MDN@Forces.gc.ca. Silent hours, weekends and statutory holidays, contact the CFSG(O-G) Duty Clerk at 613-222-7629 to reach the Duty Cashier for emergency financial services.
The National Defence Headquarters Library
For members of the Canadian Forces posted to the National Capital Region and Public Servants working for the Department of National Defence within the NCR, please refer to the Defence Information Network for a list of services.
Library staff to make an appointment:
- Tel: 613-996-0843
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Military Police Unit Ottawa
The Military Police Unit Ottawa provides security, policing, custodial and training support to the Canadian Forces and the Department of National Defence, in accordance with Federal and Provincial Law and CF regulations.
- Police Platoon
- Security Platoon
- Firearms Registration
- Pass Control
- Military Police Detachment: 613-995-0123 or 613-995-0124 (These numbers are available 24/7/365).
The mission of the CFSG(Ottawa-Gatineau) Operations Branch is to provide coordination of services related to Operations, Photo Section services, Military Police services and Training Support at Connaught Range and Primary Training Centre for the Canadian Forces serving in the NCR.
- Operations Center
- Coordination of ops and local incremental taskings, Auxiliary Security Force
- Coordination and assignment of Photo Section resources
- Coordination requirements related to physical and information security and emergency preparedness
Connaught Range and Primary Training Centrer (CRPTC)
The CRPTC provides infrastructure and training support for Canadian Forces and cadet agencies in the National Capital Region and for specified national activities.
To provide infrastructure and training resources to CF units in the NCR, Cadet agencies and other specified national activities.
Infrastructure and training resources to CF units in the NCR:
Connaught Ranges provides feeding for a wide range of customers requiring meals on-site in the dining facilities or off-site dispersed (IE box lunches/hay boxes). It is requested that normal training/events be requested through Range Control within 10 working days; minor adjustments (numbers of people) will be accepted within 5 working days ( Monday to Friday ). The Connaught kitchen works on a JIT (Just in Time delivery) system for staffing & food preparation. Emergency food requests are handled immediately within the capabilities of the kitchen facility.
Requests for special functions
Christmas dinners, luncheons, BBQ's etc require a minimum of 10 working days and are financially recovered fully as per the local market economy.
To reserve any of Connaught's facilities call Range Control at:
CRPTC Bookings please call the Training Instructor at 613-991-1934.
Personnel Development (PDev) Ottawa
During these unprecedented times, all services provided by CFSG(O-G) / Personnel Development (PDev) in the NCR are experiencing delays. The following provides an update of the current situation:
1. In-Service Selection: The Director Military Careers Policy and Grievances (DMCPG) is working on a plan for this coming years In-Service Selection Programs. These Programs include Occupation Transfers, Commissioning, and special employment. We encourage members to discuss their plans with their chain-of-command and to contact PDev to speak with a PSO if you have any questions or concerns. For those who are awaiting a decision on a file submitted last year, final decisions have not been made and overall postings remain disrupted and under review.We ask for your continued patience.
2. Transition Services: PDev is able to offer limited services to members who will be experiencing a transition out of the military to civilian life. We ask that any members requiring transition service contact us at our positional mailbox: email@example.com
3. Second Career Assistance Network (SCAN) Online: SCAN seminars have been cancelled/postponed, but we invite members to view the information online: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/benefits-military/transition/scan.html
4. Education Reimbursement Claims: PDev is continuing to process ILP claims; however, some delays may occur. If you have a claim please submit to the PDev positional mailbox (see above).
5. Education Reimbursement Funds/Policy: PDev has not received any new information on funding for the new fiscal year, nor about the policy changes that are being developed. We recommend members wishing to have their education funded submit an ILP and discuss the disposition once you receive feedback.
The PDev Team,
PDev provides Personnel Selection Services to CAF members within the National Capital Region and OUTCAN postings.
- Assessing personnel for occupation transfers, commissioning, and other employment
- Providing information on career and education possibilities (including education reimbursement options)
- Delivering career transition services to members who are transitioning from the CAF (medical and non-medical)
- Telephone: 613-904-5083
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personnel Support Programs (PSP)
CFSG(O-G) Public Affairs team is primarily responsible for establishing and maintaining a clear, timely and pertinent flow of information to approximately 22,000 military and civilian employees within the National Capital Region. Our internal communication framework gives DND organizations in the NCR a wide variety of tools that can be tailored for their specific communication needs.
In addition to our internal communication effort, CFSG(O-G) Public Affairs team is there to provide PA advice to the Commandant. Specifically, conducting crisis management, media relations, and imagery services, as well as providing advice and guidance to our stakeholders such as the Employees of the Non-Public Funds of the CAF. We also manage and distribute our digital publication, The Guard, the hub of information in the NCR for all DND employees and their families.
- The Guard : The hub of information for the NCR (GH@forces.gc.ca).
- NCR wide emails and NCR at a Glance
- Community calendar
- Digital signage
- Web services (Intranet & Internet) – (email@example.com)
- Routine Orders and Retirement Messages – (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Royal Canadian Air Force Pipes and Drums
The Royal Canadian Air Force Pipes and Drums is Regular Force volunteer support band. The Band has approximately 40 members, all of whom are volunteers, drawn from all walks of military and civilian life.
The RCAF Pipes and Drums are available in varying levels of support. From a full parade band, a mini-band, drum line, or solo pipers, our primary mission is to provide musical support to the NCR and surrounding region.
We are also always looking for interested volunteers who would like to join our Band. All levels are welcome and instruction is provided.
All inquiries can be sent to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 613-266-2340
The Central Band of the Canadian Armed Forces
The Central Band of the Canadian Armed Forces, under the direction of Captain John Fullerton, is one of six full-time Regular Force military bands in the Canadian Armed Forces. The band provides professional music support for a large number of Canadian Armed Forces, Department of National Defense and Government of Canada events throughout the National Capital Region. Dressed in the uniform of the Royal Canadian Air Force, this unit supports all elements of the Canadian Armed Forces. Dressed in the uniform of the Royal Canadian Air Force, this unit supports all elements of the Canadian Armed Forces and falls under the command of the Commandant of the Canadian Forces Support Group Ottawa-Gatineau. Ensembles routinely generated from within the Central Band include:
- Concert Band: a large, 41-piece, full concert ensemble
- Parade Band: a military marching band for military ceremonies, tattoos and public parades
- Rotorhead: a contemporary rock band for show tours and staged events
- Ambassadors Big Band: an 18-piece Swing era style jazz band
- Griffon 10 Piece Mess Dinner Band: a compressed concert band for traditional mess dinners
- Jazz Combo: a small jazz ensemble for more intimate dinners and receptions
- String Ensemble: a string quintet including piano featuring a more classically oriented sound
- Spitfire Brass Quintet
- Lancaster Brass Quintet
- Chinook Woodwind Quintet
- Cormorant Chamber Trio: for more intimate settings
Central Band of the Canadian Armed Forces Command Team
- Commanding Officer and Director of Music: Captain John Fullerton, CD
- Band Senior Warrant Officer: Warrant Officer Christine Labbé, CD
For booking inquiries contact CBCAF Operations:
Please include in your request:
- Nature of event
Tel: (613) 266-2340
To provide quality, cost effective, and timely Technical Services support to DND units and NCR personnel in the areas of ground transportation, material traffic and electrical mechanical engineering.
To be recognized and respected within the NCR for excellence in transportation, maintenance, supply and ammo management.
- Chief Clerk at 613-998-9486
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: