Cadet music training gives youth an opportunity to begin learning music without requiring previous musical experience.
There are six levels in the cadet music training program that range from basic to level five. Cadets can pass music levels at their own pace and check-in with their instructor to be evaluated locality or during other opportunities. The instruction given is music theory, ear training, sight-reading, instrument maintenance, conducting, drill and history depending upon the musical discipline and the type of band that the local unit supports.
Below you will find some information on the cadet music training program as well as some resources to explore!
- CAF story - “I chose piano and I never regretted it.”
- O Canada military band version
- CAF Stories: This saxophonist believes in what he does
- National Art Centre presents Lunch Break (you are now leaving the Government of Canada website)
- Canadian Armed Forces – Musician (you are now leaving the Government of Canada website)
- Royal Canadian Air Force Band - A little help from my friends - NEW! (you are now leaving the Government of Canada website)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: