CADET AND JUNIOR CANADIAN RANGERS DRESS INSTRUCTIONS – UPDATE
Ref.: CANCDTGEN 016/19
1. This CANCDTGEN supersedes ref and is effective immediately.
2. A-CR-CCO-100/AG-001 Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Dress Instructions (CJCR Dress Instructions) is issued under the authority of the Comd Natl CJCR Sp Gp. These are the definitive instructions for dress in the Cadet and JCR organizations.
3. Effective immediately, the CJCR Dress Instructions supersede:
a. CATO 35-01, Sea Cadet Dress Instructions;
b. CATO 46-01, Army Cadet Dress Regulations; and
c. CATO 55-04, Air Cadet Dress Instructions.
4. The CJCR Dress Instructions can be accessed in the Cadet365 SharePoint site. (user identification and password required)
5. Air Cadet Proficiency Level badges are in the process of being updated.
6. The Field Training Uniform (FTU). The FTU will be issued to Air and Sea Cadets in a phased approach with a view to ensuring all Cadets will have a FTU. This approach will require a change in philosophy WRT dress at the Corps/Sqns level across Canada and it will provide a proper training uniform for those training evolutions where there is added wear and tear on the uniform or the possibility of Cadets getting dirty. This will also see cadets in a mix of uniforms at Regional and National events for a period of time until every Corps/Sqn is equipped with the FTU.
7. Dress standard. The FTU shall be the standard order of dress for routine training nights and field training exercises for Army and Air Cadets. The Sea Cadet STU shall remain the standard order of dress for routine training nights and the FTU will be worn for field training exercises and those events where the STU would not be appropriate i.e. laying on a dirt covered rifle range. The dress uniform for all Cadets will continue to be worn for CO’s parades, special events or when directed.
The Natl CJCR Sp Gp Clothing and Dress committee meets twice a year. Queries or recommendations for change to CJCR Dress Instructions shall be staffed through the member’s respective RCSU Regional CWO.
- Date modified: