Canadian Cadet General Order (CANCDTGEN)
Depart with Dignity – Natl CJCR Sp Gp Certificate – Amendment
Ref: CF MIL PERS INSTR 01/09 – DEPART WITH DIGNITY
- CANCDTGEN 012/17 is rescinded effective immediately.
- The purpose of this CANCDTGEN is to provide clarification on the procedures when requesting a Natl CJCR Sp Gp certificate for Natl CJCR Sp Gp personnel who are being honorably released from the CAF.
- Unit COs are reminded that all honorably released personnel must be formally recognized for their service to Canada and the Natl CJCR Sp Gp.
- To qualify for a Natl CJCR Sp Gp certificate, military members (COATS, Reg Force and P Res) must have a minimum of three years of continuous service within the Natl CJCR Sp Gp. Normally only one certificate may be requested for any member.
- Retiring civilian employees who have been employed full time with the Natl CJCR Sp Gp for a minimum of three years are also entitled to this certificate.
- The following information is required when applying for a certificate:
- service number (Mil Pers), personal record identifier (Civ Pers);
- rank (Mil Pers), Title (Mr., Mrs., Miss., etc. for Civ Pers);
- first name and initials;
- official post nominals only (i.e. CD, MMM, OMM, SC) (if applicable);
- years of service served with the Natl CJCR Sp Gp (i.e. 25 January 2010 to 23 July 2017);
- planned date for the presentation; and
- name of the OPI and the return mailing address.
- To allow time for processing and return mail, all requests shall be submitted a minimum of four weeks prior to the presentation date.
- Note that certificates are produced in bilingual format and are 8.5 x 11 inches. Individual units are responsible for the cost of framing. Upon sign-off by the Comd, the certificate will be mailed directly to the OPI via CAF internal mail service.
- The certificate can be requested by email to Natl CJCR Sp Gp H&R Coord, Capt W.A. Baxter at Wayne.Baxter@forces.gc.ca. Tel is (613) 992-3077.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: