Canadian Cadet General Order (CANCDTGEN)
- Victory March, reference A., is a new challenge, launched by Military Personnel Command/Chief of Military Personnel (MILPERSCOM/CMP), where Canadians can virtually march alongside members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).
- The goal of this challenge is to support and share in our military teams' preparation for the Nijmegen Marches which highlight the symbolic relationship that unites Canada and the Netherlands.
- Participation includes walking/rucking one of four distances (2 km, 5 km, 10 km or 20 km with a 10 kg rucksack), on any two days between 1 and 9 May 2021.
- The Commander Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers (Comd CJCR) encourages members of the Canadian Cadet Organizations (CCO) to virtually participate in this year’s inaugural Victory March.
- While participation in this challenge is sanctioned by the Comd CJCR, it is not to be conducted by corps/squadrons/patrols en-mass due to the current COVID-19 situation.
- Those corps/squadrons/patrols that choose to participate must do so in accordance with local public health measures and current CCO policies. Wearing of uniforms, including Field Training Uniforms is not authorized.
- Registration is completed through RACEROSTER, reference C, and can be done as individuals or as teams (corps/squadrons/patrols can establish their own team if desired). Proceeds from the challenge will support the Boomer’s Legacy charity.
- CJCR has identified the 8 May 2021 as CJCR Victory March Day. Participants are encouraged to show their support by sharing posts, videos, pictures on our various social media platforms.
- Invitation to participate in the inaugural Victory March, The Maple Leaf, 18 March 2021
- CATO 14-37, Rucksack Weight
- RACEROSTER, Victory March, 8 April 2021, Victory March (You are now leaving the Government of Canada website)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: