Canadian Cadet General Order (CANCDTGEN)
Air Cadet Online Ground School
- The pandemic highlighted the value of virtual training as an interactive online learning approach that allows us to deliver training in an equitable fashion to cadets across the country. The virtual method will now be used with Air Cadets applying for the Glider Pilot Training Course (GPTC) and the Power Pilot Training Course (PPTC), making aviation training available to every squadron in Canada.
- The Commander CJCR is pleased to announce that, following a competitive bidding process, a contract has been awarded to PAL Aerospace/Moncton Flight College to deliver ground school training via an online and bilingual learning platform. PAL Aerospace/Moncton Flight College is one of the largest and most experienced flight training schools in Canada with over 300 years of cumulative aviation experience.
- Any Air Cadet who intends to apply for GPTC or PPTC must complete the entire 45 hours of online ground school and the selection exam by 15 January 2022. Squadrons may continue to offer their own ground school, but cadets may only challenge the examination upon completion of the national online ground school course. The eligibility requirements for the online training are the same as those for the GPTC and PPTC and the course can accommodate up to 4000 trainees at a time, in English or French, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Training will start 1 October 2021 and details regarding the process for registering will be forwarded under separate cover.
- Questions can be directed to CJCR Deputy National Cadet Air Operations Officer, Maj Chris Toth at firstname.lastname@example.org or the CJCR J5 LCdr John Metcalfe at email@example.com.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: