European Community Monitor Mission (Yugoslavia) (ECMMY)
The official description, eligibility, criteria and history of the European Community Monitor Mission (Yugoslavia) (ECMMY).
To monitor the cease-fire agreement in the former Yugoslavian countries and to report on violations of the cease-fire agreements.
Eligibility and criteria
Awarded for 90 days cumulative service between 8 September 1991 to 19 December 1995.
The medal is a circular silver medal, 1.42 inches (35 mm) diameter:
- on the obverse, in the centre of the obverse is the raised outline of the former Yugoslavia and the raised legend "EC / MONITOR / MISSION" in three lines, contained within a raised ring. Between the ring and the raised rim are 12 stars.
- on the reverse, a large dove of peace in flight, an olive branch in its beak.
- A small ring at the top of the medal is linked to a larger ring through which the ribbon passes.
- The ribbon is EU blue with two thin yellow stripes and thin stripes of blue, white and red at each end.
There is no bar to this medal.
The medal shall be worn in sequence prescribed in the Canadian Orders, Decorations and Medals Directive, and in the following manner:
- on the left breast, suspended from the ribbon described above, after the MFO medal and before the INTERFET medal. A small device depicting the obverse of the medal is worn centered on the undress ribbon.
The use of a post-nominal is not authorized for this medal.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: