The official lineage of HMCS Prevost extant commissionned ship.
Argent a demi-lion rampant Azure charged upon the shoulder with a mural crown Or the sinister paw grasping a sword erect proper pommel and hilt Or.
The badge device is taken from the crest in the Arms of Lieutenant-General Sir George Prevost, Bart, who was Governor-in-Chief of the Canadas in 1811, and Commander-in-Chief of the British Forces in Canada during the War of 1812.
White and Azure Blue
First of Name
- Shore establishment.
- Naval Reserve Division, London, Ontario.
- Commissioned as a tender to HMCS Stadacona 1 November 1941.Footnote 1
- Recommissioned as an independent shore establishment 1 September 1942.Footnote 2
- Paid off 30 November 1964.Footnote 3
- Recommissioned 29 September 1990.Footnote 4
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: