HMCS Queen Charlotte
The official lineage of HMCS Queen Charlotte extant commissionned ship.
Barry wavy of ten Argent and Azure over all a bull's head affronty Sable langued Gules armed and annulled Argent crowned with a ducal coronet Gules.
Queen Charlotte is named for a Provincial Marine Corvette, built at Amherstburg in 1809 for service on Lake Erie, and which was named in honour of Queen Charlotte, wife of George III, King of England, 1760-1820. Queen Charlotte was the daughter of Charles Louis, Duke of Mecklinburg, and for this reason the bull's head from the Mecklinburg's coat of arms, with appropriate differing, has been chosen.
Red and Black
First of Name
- Shore establishment.
- Naval Reserve Division, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
- Commissioned as a tender to HMCS Stadacona 1 November 1941.Footnote 1
- Recommissioned as an independent shore establishment 1 September 1942.Footnote 2
- Paid off 15 December 1964.Footnote 3
- Recommissioned 17 September 1994.Footnote 4
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: