Towards a Stronger Southern Ontario
February 27, 2019
As the global economic landscape continues to change, strong regional economies are essential for Canada’s success and sustainability. That is why our government is supporting economic growth and encouraging innovation in every region of the country.
FedDev Ontario is helping Canadians living and working in southern Ontario take advantage of opportunities in all communities, big and small. With more than $1 billion in new funding, including $100 million over three years in dedicated support for innovative projects in rural areas, FedDev Ontario will continue to stimulate economic growth, create jobs and drive innovation in one of Canada’s most vital economic hubs.
To best target new investments and maximize their impact on southern Ontario, FedDev Ontario has launched an engagement process, inviting everyone in the region to provide ideas and feedback.
The discussion will focus on:
- What are southern Ontario’s key strengths and challenges? How can we use our strengths and overcome challenges to grow the economy?
- How can governments and industry work together to further strengthen the region?
- How can we continue to encourage the participation of women, Indigenous, new Canadians, youth and other underrepresented groups in the southern Ontario economy?
- Are there specific opportunities to leverage existing community assets to support growth and innovation in southern Ontario’s rural areas?
- How can FedDev Ontario help smaller communities and rural areas link to the region’s innovation and knowledge economies to drive growth?
FedDev Ontario will meet with business, industry, academia, Indigenous communities and organizations in urban and rural communities across southern Ontario.
In addition, all are invited to submit comments online.
Feedback will inform a report which will be made available on FedDev Ontario’s website.
Follow the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtag: #GrowSouthON
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: