Reminder - Applications for media accreditation expression of interest for Expo 2020 Dubai are now open
On behalf of Expo 2020 Dubai
July 3, 2019 - Please note that media accreditation is open to all bona fide media organisations and no quotas are in place for the number of media that can apply for accreditation.
Please review the attached for details about Expo 2020 Dubai, the media accreditation expression of interest process and what services and facilities media can expect at Expo 2020 Dubai. Further details are available below for your review.
We look forward to seeing you at Expo 2020 Dubai.
Note to editors
Without valid accreditation, media will be unable to access media facilities and services within the Expo 2020 site. Every organisation will go through a strict approvals process ensuring applicants are from genuine news gathering organisations.
Accreditation Liaison Officers will be advised on the outcome of applications and next steps by 30 September, 2019, and will be required to coordinate applications for accreditation on behalf of their organisation.
To change contact details during the accreditation process or for any enquiries about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Media should also save this email address in their contacts list in order to receive operational media-related updates and key date reminders.
Expo 2020 Dubai will also later launch a dedicated online Media Information System called Tawassul - the gateway to press releases, news stories, official photography and content, as well as important operational information. From June 2019, media will be able to register for access to Tawassul to assist in planning their journey and coverage of Expo 2020.
About Expo 2020 Dubai
Expo 2020 Dubai is guided by the belief that innovation and progress are the result of people and ideas combining in new ways. For six months from 20 October 2020, Expo will bring together 190 countries and millions of people to celebrate human ingenuity: ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’.
- During the six months from 20 October 2020 to 10 April 2021, we expect to welcome 25 million visits
- About 70 per cent of all visitors are anticipated to come from outside the UAE – the largest proportion of international visitors in Expo history
- We aim to create and deliver an inclusive and global Expo with more than 200 participants, including nations, multilateral organisations, businesses and educational institutions
- Expo 2020 also has an ambitious volunteer programme, which aims to include more than 30,000 volunteers from a wide range of ages, nationalities, cultures and backgrounds
- The Expo site covers a total of 4.38 sqkm, including a 2 sqkm gated area. It is located adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
- Expo 2020 Dubai is the first World Expo to take place in the MEASA (Middle East, Africa and South Asia) region
Follow: Twitter: @expo2020dubai | Facebook: @Expo2020Dubai | Instagram: expo2020dubai
For queries regarding Media Accreditation Expressions of Interest, please contact:
Expo 2020 Dubai Media Services: email@example.com
Media Services – Expo 2020 Dubai
For more information on Canada at Expo 2020 Dubai, visit: https://expo2020.canada.ca/en/
Media Relations Office
Global Affairs Canada
Follow us on Twitter: @CanadaTrade
Like us on Facebook: Canada’s international trade - Global Affairs Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: