Backgrounder: Belarus sanctions
Effective immediately, Canada is imposing sanctions against Belarusian officials.
The Special Economic Measures (Belarus) Regulations impose on listed individuals a prohibition on dealings (effectively an asset freeze) by prohibiting persons in Canada and Canadians outside Canada from dealing in any property of these individuals or providing financial or related services to them. The individuals listed in the Schedule to the Regulations are also rendered inadmissible to Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
The specific prohibitions are set out in the Regulations.
The names of the individuals targeted by these regulations are:
- Khazalbek Bakhtibekovich Atabekov
- Dmitry Vladimirovich Balaba
- Aleksandr Petrovich Barsukov
- Yelena Nikolaevna Dmukhailo
- Vadim Dmitriyevich Ipatov
- Yuri Khadzhimuratovich Karaev
- Ivan Vladimirovich Kubrakov
- Aleksandr Grigoryevich Lukashenko
- Viktor Aleksandrovich Lukashenko
- Yuri Gennadevich Nazarenko
- Lidia Mikhailovna Yermoshina
- Date modified: