Effective immediately, Canada is imposing sanctions against Belarusian officials in response to gross and systematic human rights violations that have been committed in Belarus.
The Special Economic Measures (Belarus) Regulations impose on listed individuals a prohibition on dealings (effectively an asset freeze) by prohibiting persons in Canada and Canadians outside Canada from dealing in any property of these individuals or providing financial or related services to them. The individuals listed in the Schedule to the Regulations are also rendered inadmissible to Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
The specific prohibitions are set out in the regulations.
The names of the individuals added to the schedule of these regulations are:
- Igor Petrovich Sergeenko
- Aleksey Aleksandrovich Volkov
- Ivan Stanislavovich Tertel
- Ivan Danilovich Noskevich
- Roman Ivanovich Melnik
- Andrey Alekseyevich Ravkov
- Sergey Yakovlevich Azemsha
- Andrey Fedorovich Smal
- Andrey Yuryevich Pavlyuchenko
- Natalya Nikolayevna Eismont
- Igor Ivanovich Buzovskiy
- Sergey Yevgenyevich Zubkov
- Petr Petrovich Miklashevich
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: