Minister Ng speaks with Indonesia’s Minister of Trade
May 6, 2021 - Ottawa, Ontario - Global Affairs Canada
Yesterday, the Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade, spoke with Muhammad Lutfi, Indonesia’s Minister of Trade, to advance trade and investment relations between the 2 countries.
The ministers discussed progress and next steps on a possible Canada-Indonesia comprehensive economic partnership agreement, which would create new bilateral trade and investment opportunities for both countries. Minister Ng noted that the Government of Canada’s recent consultations with Canadians showed a high level of public support for negotiating such an agreement.
Minister Ng expressed her appreciation for Indonesia’s ongoing support of a possible free trade agreement between Canada and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and for Indonesia’s efforts as Canada’s country coordinator on economic matters in ASEAN.
The ministers spoke of ongoing multilateral efforts to address COVID-19 trade impacts by strengthening global supply chains and facilitating the flow of essential goods and services.
- Minister Ng discusses global trade and economic recovery in WTO ministerial meeting
- Minister Ng launches public consultations on possible comprehensive economic partnership agreement with Indonesia
- Minister Ng co-chairs Ninth Annual ASEAN Economic Ministers Meeting-Canada consultations
- Doing business in Indonesia
- Canada and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Indonesia fact sheet
Office of the Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade
Media Relations Office
Global Affairs Canada
Follow us on Twitter: @CanadaTrade
Like us on Facebook: Canada’ s international trade - Global Affairs Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: