Additional Nicaraguan sanctions
Effective immediately, Canada is imposing sanctions against Nicaraguan individuals in response to ongoing human rights violations being committed in Nicaragua.
The Special Economic Measures (Nicaragua) Regulations impose on listed persons a prohibition on any transaction (effectively, an asset freeze) by prohibiting persons in Canada, and Canadians outside of Canada, from engaging in any activity related to any property of these listed persons or providing financial or related services to them. The individuals listed in the schedule to the regulations are also rendered inadmissible to Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
The specific prohibitions are set out in the regulations.
The names of the individuals that have been added to the schedule of these regulations are the following:
- Ramón Antonio AVELLÁN Medal
- Luis Alberto PÉREZ Olivas
- Justo Pastor URBINA
- Juan Antonio VALLE Valle
- Ana Julia GUIDO De Romero
- Lumberto Ignacio CAMPBELL Hooker
- Iván Adolfo ACOSTA Montalván
- José Jorge MOJICA Mejía
- Marvin Ramiro AGUILAR García
- Wálmaro Antonio GUTIÉRREZ Mercado
- Fidel De Jesús DOMÍNGUEZ Alvárez
- Camila Antonia ORTEGA Murillo
- Leonardo Ovidio REYES Ramírez
- Edwin Ramón CASTRO Rivera
- Julio Modesto RODRÍGUEZ Balladares
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: