Forward Regulatory Plan 2019-2021: Health Canada’s 2019-2020 Miscellaneous Amendments Regulations
Title of Regulatory Initiative
Health Canada’s 2019-2020 Miscellaneous Amendments Regulations
The Food and Drugs Act and the Pest Control Products Act
The proposed regulatory amendment will correct, through a streamlined process, minor errors or inconsistencies in the following regulations:
- Food and Drug Regulations (FDR)
- Regulations Amending the Food and Drugs Regulations (Labelling, Packaging and Brand Names of Drugs for Human Use); and,
- Amending Regulations to Natural Health Products Regulations.
It addresses issues raised by the Standing Joint Committee on the Scrutiny of Regulations.
The proposed regulatory amendment will correct:
- Discrepancies between the French and English version
- Typographical or grammatical errors
- Discrepancies between the use of certain terms
- The typographical error in the title of a standard referenced in the regulation.
Regulatory cooperation efforts (domestic and international)
All amendments are administrative in nature and thus have no impact on regulatory cooperation efforts.
Potential impacts on Canadians, including businesses
All amendments are administrative in nature and thus have no impact on the regulated industry or the Canadian public.
Departmental contact information
Senior Policy Analyst, Departmental Regulatory Affairs,
Policy and Regulatory Strategies Directorate
Telephone: (343) 542-3651
Date the regulatory initiative was first included in the Forward Regulatory Plan
April 1, 2019
Consult Health Canada’s acts and regulations web page for:
- a list of acts and regulations administered by Health Canada
- further information on Health Canada’s implementation of government-wide regulatory management initiatives
Consult the following for links to the Cabinet Directive on Regulation and supporting policies and guidance, and for information on government-wide regulatory initiatives implemented by departments and agencies across the Government of Canada:
To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit:
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: