Archived - Minister of Finance Joe Oliver to Table Balanced Budget on April 21, 2015
April 2, 2015 – Toronto, Ontario – Department of Finance
Finance Minister Joe Oliver today announced that Economic Action Plan 2015 will be tabled on April 21, 2015 in the House of Commons. The Plan will highlight how the Government will fulfill its commitment to Canadians to balance the budget, support small businesses and manufacturers, support Canadian families and reduce taxes for Canadians.
The benefits of balancing the budget and reducing debt include:
- Ensuring that tax dollars are used to deliver direct benefits to hard-working Canadians.
- Instilling confidence in consumers and investors, whose dollars spur economic growth and job creation; and,
- Strengthening the country’s ability to respond to longer-term challenges, such as unexpected global economic shocks and global security threats.
- The Government is delivering close to $27 billion in new tax relief and increased benefits for hard-working Canadian families over 2014–15 and the following five years, by:
- Increasing and expanding the Universal Child Care Benefit.
- Introducing the Family Tax Cut.
- Increasing the Child Care Expense Deduction dollar limits.
- Canada’s Economic Action Plan is working:
- Since the depths of the recession, over 1.2 million net new jobs have been created—overwhelmingly full-time, well-paying jobs in the private sector.
- The overall federal tax burden is at its lowest level in over 50 years.
- Bloomberg has ranked Canada as the second most attractive place in the world to do business.
Director of Communications
Office of the Minister of Finance
Department of Finance
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: