PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND NATIONAL PARK POST-FIONA OPERATIONAL UPDATES
Work to address damage caused by post-tropical storm Fiona is ongoing in many parts of PEI National Park. Please note the following operational updates:
- The Brackley Beach dune crossing stairs will reopen in early June.
- Construction is ongoing to the accessibility ramps at Cavendish Main Beach and Brackley Beach. The ramps will reopen once work is completed (anticipated July 2023).
- Some look-offs (Flat Rock, Orby Head) and parking lots along the Gulf Shore Parkway West will be closed permanently due to coastal erosion.
- Access to Dalvay Beach will reopen summer 2023 upon completion of construction of the buried revetment along the Gulf Shore Parkway. A single access point for visitors to Dalvay Beach will be located directly across from the parking area on the Gulf Shore Parkway.
- The MacNeill Loop of the Homestead Trail in Cavendish remains closed at this time pending the completion of rehabilitation work.
- Robinsons Island Road remains closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic while construction is underway to remove the asphalt from the causeway and prepare an unpaved multi-use trail on the roadbed. The Robinsons Island Trail System and new multi-use trail are scheduled to open in 2023.
- A full dune closure remains in effect for PEI National Park. Visitors must not walk over dunes for any reason.
For details and updates on PEI National Park, please visit: https://parks.canada.ca/pn-np/pe/pei-ipe.
- Date modified: