New members to the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee
Ottawa, March 3, 2017 - Today, the Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness announced that seven more individuals have agreed to serve on the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee (CFAC):
- Annie Buchan - Member of the Pauktuutit Board of Directors
- Ron Bonnett - President of the Canadian Federation of Agriculture
- James (Jim) Couch - President of Ducks Unlimited, and sports shooter and hunter
- Suzanne Jackson - Chair of the Board at the Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA)
- Paul Pageau - President of the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians (CAEP)
- Paulette Senior - Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Women’s Foundation
- Clive Weighill - Past President of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP)
The CFAC, chaired by the Honourable John C. Major, met for the first time this week in Ottawa to discuss the Government of Canada’s commitments related to firearms.
“I would like to thank the CFAC members for their participation in our first meeting this week. I look forward to continuing to receive thoughtful advice from this Committee. I have great faith that the diverse nature of their backgrounds, their deliberations, and discussions with interested members of the community will help inform the government’s work on firearms issues and serve all Canadians well.”
- The Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
Last month, Minister Goodale announced the Chair (the Honourable John C. (Jack) Major) and two Vice-Chairs (Lynda Kiejko and Nathalie Provost) to the CFAC.
The modified Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee (CFAC) will provide the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness with sound advice on a wide range of community perspectives, including civilian firearms users, farmers, law enforcement officers, public health advocates and women's organizations.
Follow Public Safety Canada (@Safety_Canada) on Twitter.
For more information, please visit the website www.publicsafety.gc.ca.
Office of the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
Public Safety Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: