Review on the Future of Canada Post
For immediate release
OTTAWA, Ontario, May 5, 2016 – Mandate of the Review: To ensure Canadians receive quality service from Canada Post at a reasonable price.
Timeline: The Review is being carried out in two phases. It begins May 2016 and is expected to be completed by the end of 2016.
Public Engagement (throughout)
Canadians can submit their views and comments through multiple channels including:
- Online: Canada.ca/canadapostreview
- Email: TPSGC.ExamendeSPC-CPCReview.PWGSC@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca
- Twitter or Instagram (using the #CPReview2016 hashtag)
- Fax: 1-844-836-8138
Canada Post Review
Matane, QC G4W 0K8
Task Force (Phase I):
During the first phase, a Task Force is collecting information through the following activities:
- conducting research and gathering relevant facts;
- studying the cost and need for current Canada Post activities;
- assessing and validating Canada Post's current financial situation and projections;
- identifying viable options for Canada Post to develop new business lines; and
- examining international best practices.
The Task Force is using this information to prepare a discussion paper that presents viable options, costs, and associated implications for the future of Canada Post.
The discussion paper will be used as the basis for an informed discussion with the Canadian public, which will be led by a parliamentary committee.
Françoise Bertrand (Quebec) has been named Chair of the Task Force. She is supported by Task Force members Marena McLaughlin (New Brunswick), Krystyna T. Hoeg (Ontario) and Jim Hopson (Saskatchewan).
Parliamentary Committee (Phase II):
During the fall of 2016, a parliamentary committee, comprised of members of Parliament, will:
- examine the options presented by the Task Force;
- conduct consultations with Canadians from coast to coast to coast; and
- make final recommendations to the Government on the future of Canada Post.
Canadians can keep informed and get involved throughout the Canada Post Review by visiting Canada.ca/canadapostreview.
Statement from Minister of Public Services and Procurement Judy M. Foote on the Review of Canada Post
- 30 -
Ce texte est également disponible en français.
Follow us on Twitter: #CPReview2016
Search for related information by keyword
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: