CRTC forges new cooperative relationship with European regulators
October 4, 2018 – Ottawa-Gatineau – Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
The CRTC today signed a memorandum of understanding with the Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications (BEREC) to form a cooperative relationship.
Through this mutual understanding, both agencies will support their respective efforts to address current and future regulatory challenges in Canada and Europe. They will focus on a number of broad themes, including broadband development and network neutrality.
The CRTC and BEREC intend to carry out their cooperative activities for a period of two years, which could be extended for a further two years.
“Communications regulatory agencies in Canada and Europe are facing similar challenges and benefit from knowledge sharing. This partnership will improve cooperation and facilitate the exchange of best practices on issues of common concern. The CRTC looks forward to working with BEREC’s knowledgeable staff and our European counterparts.”
Ian Scott, CRTC Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer
Possible activities under this arrangement include roundtable discussions and the exchange of working papers.
Based in Riga, Latvia, BEREC is the European Union’s telecommunications regulatory agency.
- Memorandum of Understanding Between the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission and The Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications
- News Release - CRTC and Australian agency join forces to combat spam and unwanted telemarketing calls
- News Release - CRTC partners with New Zealand regulator to fight spam
- News Release - CRTC partners with international agencies to fight spam and unsolicited phone calls
- News Release - CRTC signs partnership agreement with U.S. Federal Trade Commission to fight unlawful spam and unsolicited telecommunications
In Canada, toll-free: 1-877-249-CRTC (2782)
Outside Canada: 819-997-0313
In Canada toll-free: 1-877-909-CRTC (2782)
Outside Canada: 819-994-0423
Make a complaint or ask a question
Follow us on Twitter at @CRTCeng
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/crtceng
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: