Minister Garneau announces appointments to the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority and Ridley Terminals Inc.
September 18, 2017 Ottawa, Ontario Transport Canada
The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced two separate appointments of individuals to chair the board of directors at the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), and Ridley Terminals Inc. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with experience in a number of fields, and are active members of their communities:
- Ms. Marguerite Nadeau, is appointed Chairperson of the board of directors at CATSA for a term of five years. Ms. Nadeau holds a Bachelor in Laws (LL.L) and has completed a Directors Education Program at the Rotman School of Management. Ms. Nadeau was Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at the Royal Canadian Mint from 2004 to 2014.
- Mr. Michael Robert John McPhie, is appointed Chairperson of Ridley Terminals Inc. for a term of five years. Mr. McPhie holds a Master of Science in Environment and Management, and has completed a Directors Education Program at the Simon Fraser University/Institute of Corporate Directors. Since 2014, he has been Managing Director at JSD Gold Ltd. and Executive Chairman at IDM Mining Ltd. He is also CEO and founder of Falkirk Resources Consultants Ltd.
The new appointments follow the Government of Canada’s open, transparent and merit-based appointment process – one that recommends high-quality candidates who advance gender parity and truly reflect Canada’s diversity.
“I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to serve in the transportation sector. Their expertise will ensure continued good governance. I also want to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Peter Wallis for assuming the role of interim Chairperson of the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority, and Mr. Byng Giraud for his valuable service as Chairperson of Ridley Terminals Inc.”
The Honourable Marc Garneau,
Minister of Transport
The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 55 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau
Minister of Transport, Ottawa
Transport Canada, Ottawa
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: