Minister Garneau announces appointments and reappointments in the transportation sector
April 11, 2018 Ottawa, Ontario Transport Canada
The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced the following appointments and reappointments. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with experience in a number of fields, and are active members of their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge and senior executive and corporate governance expertise to the transportation portfolio.
These appointments are part of the rigorous new approach to Governor in Council appointments. The approach uses open, transparent and merit-based selection processes to support ministers in making appointment recommendations for positions within their portfolio that strive for gender parity and reflect Canada’s diversity.
Canadian Air Transport Security Authority:
- Michael Saunders (reappointed as Chief Executive Officer; term of one year or until such time as a new Chief Executive Officer is appointed).
Canadian Transportation Agency:
- Elizabeth Barker (appointed as Vice-Chair; term of five years).
Ship-source Oil Pollution Fund and Fund for Railway Accidents Involving Designated Goods:
- Anne Legars (cross-reappointed as Administrator of both funds; term of five years); and
- Mark Gauthier (cross-appointed as Deputy Administrator of both funds; term of five years).
“I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to serve in the transportation sector. Their appointments, which follow our open, transparent and merit-based appointment process, will ensure continued good governance.”
The Honourable Marc Garneau,
Minister of Transport
The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 55 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau
Minister of Transport, Ottawa
Transport Canada, Ottawa
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: