Minister Garneau announces appointments and reappointments in the transportation sector
May 28, 2019 Ottawa Transport Canada
The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced the following appointments and reappointments. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with experience in a number of fields, and are active members of their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge and senior executive and corporate governance expertise to their transportation positions.
Montréal Port Authority:
- Johanne Lépine (Montréal, Quebec) reappointed as director for a term of three years;
- Marie-Claude Boisvert (Saint-Lambert, Quebec) reappointed as director for a term of three years.
Port Alberni Port Authority:
- Ronald Victor Crema (Port Alberni, British Columbia) reappointed as director for a term ending on June 20, 2021.
Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada:
- Steven Neatt (Québec, Quebec) appointed as part-time member for a term of four years;
- Gavin Wyllie (Mount Royal, Quebec) appointed as part-time member for a term of four years.
Thunder Bay Port Authority:
- Tracy Buckler (Thunder Bay, Ontario) reappointed as director for a term of three years.
These appointments were made under the Government of Canada's new approach to Governor-in-Council appointments. This approach supports open, transparent and merit-based selection processes that strive for gender parity, reflect Canada’s diversity, and support ministers in making appointment recommendations for positions within their portfolio by providing them with information and referrals.
“I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to serve in the transportation sector. Their appointments will ensure continued good governance. I wish to thank outgoing board members for their valuable service.”
The Honourable Marc Garneau
Minister of Transport
The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 55 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau
Minister of Transport, Ottawa
Transport Canada, Ottawa
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: