Minister Garneau announces reappointments in the transportation sector
June 18, 2020 Ottawa Transport Canada
The Minister of Transport, the Honourable Marc Garneau, today announced several reappointments in the transportation sector. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with experience in a number of fields, and are active members of their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge and senior executive and corporate governance expertise to their transportation positions.
Belledune Port Authority
- Lucien Sonier (Caraquet, New Brunswick) reappointed as a director for a term of three years, effective June 15, 2020.
Saint John Port Authority
- Thomas Gerard O’Neil, Q.C. (Saint John, New Brunswick) reappointed as a director for a term of three years, effective June 21, 2020; and
- Shelley M. Rinehart (Saint John, New Brunswick) as a director for a term of three years, effective September 28, 2020.
Laurentian Pilotage Authority
- Francesco (Frank) Di Tomaso (Montréal, Quebec) reappointed as a member for a term of three years, effective September 7, 2020.
“I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians will continue to serve in the transportation sector. Their reappointments will ensure continued good governance and continued success for these organizations.”
Minister of Transport
The Honourable Marc Garneau
The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 53 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 8 Crown corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 17 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau
Minister of Transport, Ottawa
Transport Canada, Ottawa
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: