Minister Garneau announces appointments and reappointments in the transportation sector
September 14, 2020 Ottawa Transport Canada
The Minister of Transport, the Honourable Marc Garneau, today announced two appointments and three reappointments in the transportation sector. The appointees have experience in a number of fields and are active members of their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge and senior executive and corporate governance expertise to their transportation positions.
Canadian Transportation Agency
- Allan Matte (Ottawa, Ontario) appointed to the roster of candidates for temporary member, effective September 2, 2020, and subsequently appointed from that roster as a temporary member for a term of one year, effective September 14, 2020.
Halifax Port Authority
- Josef Meier Spatz, Q.C. (Halifax, Nova Scotia) reappointed as federal director for a term of two years, effective September 2, 2020.
Port Alberni Port Authority
- Allan Robert Haggard, (Port Alberni, British Columbia) reappointed as a director for a term of two years, effective June 25, 2020.
- Dennis Lawrence Jonsson, (Courtenay, British Columbia) reappointed as a director for a term of two years, effective June 25, 2020.
Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada
- Patrick Vermette (Kingston, Ontario) appointed as interim chairperson for a term of one year, effective September 2, 2020.
“I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians will continue to serve in the transportation sector. Their appointments will ensure continued good governance and continued success for these organizations.”
Minister of Transport
The Honourable Marc Garneau
The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 53 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 8 Crown corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 17 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau
Minister of Transport, Ottawa
Transport Canada, Ottawa
- Date modified: