Transport Minister Alghabra announces appointments and reappointments in the transportation sector
May 24, 2022 Ottawa Transport Canada
The Minister of Transport, the Honourable Omar Alghabra, announced today appointments and reappointments in the transportation sector. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with experience in a number of fields, and they are active members in their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge and expertise to their transportation positions.
St. John’s Port Authority
- Stacey Patricia Howse (Portugal Cove, Newfoundland) appointed as a director for a term of three years.
Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada
- Dr. Robert James Cronin (Courtenay, British Columbia) reappointed as a part-time medical member for a term of four years.
- Sébastien Desbiens (Québec, Quebec) appointed as a part-time aviation member for a term of five years.
- Dr. Antoine Gagnon (Ottawa, Ontario) appointed as a part-time medical member for a term of five years.
- Arnold Marvin Olson (Langley, British Columbia) reappointed as a part-time aviation member for a term of three years.
- Dr. Mitchell Saul Pantel (Kirkland, Quebec) appointed as a part-time medical member for a term of five years.
These Canadians were appointed under the Government of Canada's open, transparent and merit-based Governor in Council appointment or nomination process, striving for gender parity and seeking to reflect Canada’s diversity.
"I wish these highly qualified Canadians every success as they continue to serve the transportation sector. Their appointments will ensure continued good governance."
The Honourable Omar Alghabra
Minister of Transport
The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 53 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 8 Crown corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 17 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
Office of the Honourable Omar Alghabra
Minister of Transport, Ottawa
Transport Canada, Ottawa
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: