Government of Canada Supports Francophone Theatre in Saskatchewan
September 7, 2016 – Saskatoon, Saskatchewan – Western Economic Diversification Canada
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, and Minister responsible for Western Economic Diversification Canada, today announced funding of $122,750 to help La Troupe du Jour to develop promotional strategies and to provide access to mobile ticketing for Francophone community-based organizations across Saskatchewan.
The funding will benefit smaller Francophone cultural organizations in the province by raising awareness of Francophone events through the mobile ticket office and by helping sustain La Troupe du Jour, the only professional Francophone theatre company in Saskatchewan.
- This project is funded by WD through its Economic Development Initiative program as part of the Roadmap for Canada's Official Languages: 2013-2018: Education, Immigration and Communities.
- The Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) investment will go toward hiring a full-time economic development officer to develop promotional strategies to rent the theatre company’s Production Centre space, and toward purchasing the equipment for the mobile ticket office.
“The Government of Canada is committed to helping to maintain the vitality of the Francophone arts and cultural sectors in Saskatchewan through the increased use of this unique facility and its services.”
- The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, and Minister responsible for Western Economic Diversification Canada
“La Troupe du Jour would like to take this opportunity to thank The Honourable Navdeep Bains as well as the Western Economic Diversification Canada for its generous funding. With this additional funding, we have created a much needed full-time administrative post in our production centre, allowing us increased visibility, promotional opportunities and ticket sales as well as the opportunity to further our financial sustainability through expanding of the services we can provide to the public at large.”
- Denis Rouleau, Artistic Director and General Manager, La Troupe du Jour
- Government of Canada Funding to Improve Access to Training Francophones
- Roadmap for Canada’s Official Languages 2013-2018: Education, Immigration, Communities
- La Troupe du Jour Homepage
A/Director, Policy, Planning and External Relations
Western Economic Diversification Canada
Communications and Marketing Manager
La Troupe du Jour
Saskatoon, SK., S7M 0Y4
Telephone: 306-667-1225 ext: 5
Search for related information by keyword
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: