A military function that supports the commander's mission by establishing and maintaining coordination and co-operation between the miliary force and civil actors in the commander's area of operations.
We exist to identify and realize potential opportunities to cooperate with local businesses, non-profit groups and civilians in an operational theatre.
- Advise commanders of all levels of the potential impact of the mission on the civilian populace
- Identify and mitigate risks posed by the civilian populace to the mission
- Liaise with civilian support for military operations
- Coordinate local civilian support for military operations
- Coordinate military resources and assistance to the civilian populace
- Determine the capabilties and needs of the local populace
- Coordinate assistance to civilian groups
- Gather information to support information operations
- Communicate across cultures
- Work with interpreters, as required
- Participate in NATO and UN training in civil affairs
- Attend national and international training exercises
- Deploy to diverse theatres, to support a variety of missions
- Be ranked Sergeant or higher
- Have your Commanding Officer's recommendation
- Commit to deploy on operations
- Successfully complete selection
- You are a soldier first
- You likely have specialized civilian skills that can enhance your contribution to the Forces
- You can talk with anybody, negotiate and resolve conflicts.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: