C7A2 Automatic Rifle
The C7A2 automatic rifle is the personal weapon used by the Canadian Armed Forces. It is hand-held, shoulder-controlled, and capable of single or automatic fire. The C7A2 automatic rifle is a light weight weapon which is air-cooled, gas-operated, and magazine-fed. It can be easily disassembled by the user for inspection and cleaning.
The C7A2 automatic rifle is an evolutionary or mid-life program upgrade from the C7 and C7A1 rifle variants. The upgrade is equipped with ambidextrous controls, low infrared signature and an extendable butt. In addition, the rifle can be fitted with a bayonet for close combat.
Its primary sighting system is an optical sight, which is supplemented by an adjustable front sight and an adjustable backup sight.
- Weight: 4.58 kg (with full magazine, optical sight, sling)
- Sustained rate of fire: 15 rounds per minute
- Maximum rate of fire (semi-automatic): 65 rounds per minute
- Effective range of fire: 550 m
- Maximum range of fire: 3,000 m
- 5.56-mm x 45-mm ball cartridge
- 5.56-mm x 45-mm tracer cartridge
- Date modified: