Information for Clients of the Oshawa CBSA Office
For general inquiries about the CBSA’s clearance process, please contact the CBSA office located at 2720 Britannia Road East, Mississauga by telephone at (905) 405-3899.
Clearance of Commercial Goods and Personal Effects
• Importers and brokers will forward copies of their customs documents to the CBSA office at the above address via facsimile at (905) 612-6292. The office is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Please use a lead sheet with the following information when submitting your customs documents: number of pages, type of entry (personal or commercial), commercial transaction number, cargo control number and client name and full contact information.
• The CBSA will review the customs documents and send notice of release to warehouse operators and clients using the contact information provided on the fax lead sheet.
Payment of Duties and Taxes
• Payment of duties and taxes may be made using the following payment methods:
1. Electronic payment options such as online banking (importers) and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) for brokers. A copy of the payment confirmation page must be provided. Please contact the CBSA office above for additional details.
2. Credit card payment by phone, to a maximum of $5,000.00 CAD per transaction for commercial clients. Maximum limit for payment by phone for personal importations is governed by the individual’s credit card holders’ limitations.
Re-Manifests and Diversions
• Please fax copies of the original and new manifests (A8A) to the above fax number. The documents will be stamped and returned via the fax number provided by the client/warehouse operator. Please provide a lead sheet with your contact information and fax number.
• For diversions, please contact the CBSA office through the contact information provided above.
• Clients who require a CBSA time and date stamp on an Export Declaration, form B13, will be required to attend a CBSA designated Export Office. The CBSA office located at 2720 Britannia Road East, Mississauga is a designated Export Office. A list of CBSA offices and their designations may also be found on the CBSA website at: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/menu-eng.html.
• Clients may alternatively register with the Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED) program at the following website:: https://www.statcan.gc.ca/eng/exp/index.
• Exports may also be declared through the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system.
• Vehicles requiring a Form 1, Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV) document are required to attend a CBSA office. RIVs will be stamped at the CBSA office located at 2720 Britannia Road East, Mississauga. The office is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Clients may contact the CBSA at (905) 676-4601, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., to make arrangements for Border Services Officers to verify destructions.
Air and Marine Clearances
• To report the arrival of CANPASS flights and marine pleasure vessels, please contact the CBSA Telephone Reporting Centre (TRC) at 1-888-226-7277 at least two hours, but no more than 48 hours, before arriving in Canada. This toll-free line is only available in Canada and the United States. If a flight originates outside Canada or the United States, the pilot must call the TRC directly at (905) 679-2073 (long-distance charges may apply).
• To request clearance for general aviation flights, please contact the CBSA by phone at 905-676-5640, or by email at GTA.Canpass@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: