Canadian Coast Guard inshore rescue boat stations resume operations across Quebec
May 30, 2023
Québec, Quebec - The safety of mariners and the protection of the marine environment are top priorities for the Canadian Coast Guard. Our Inshore Rescue Boat stations enhance our ability to respond to emergencies in Canadian waters.
The Canadian Coast Guard’s seasonal Inshore Rescue Boat stations located in Bainsville, Vaudreuil (Lac des Deux Montagnes), Beaconsfield, Longueuil, Sorel and Trois-Rivières will resume operations on Wednesday, May 31st at noon. They will remain operational 7 days a week, until Wednesday, September 6th, at noon.
Waterways remain very cold at this time of year and take much longer to warm up compared to the air. The Canadian Coast Guard recommends that you wear your life jacket at all times. Transport Canada’s Safe Boating Guide is also an excellent source of information in preparation for the recreational boating season.
Any marine emergency can be reported to the Canadian Coast Guard 24/7:
- Phone 1-800-463-4393 or 418-648-3599
- VHF radio channel 16 (156.8 Mhz)
- Digital Selective Calling (DSC/VHF) channel 70
- Radio frequency MF 2182 Khz.
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Follow Fisheries and Oceans Canada on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Follow the Canadian Coast Guard on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Date modified: