Symposium for the 50th anniversary of the Official Languages Act
The Symposium on the 50th Anniversary of the Official Languages Act is one of many activities that will take place this year to highlight the progress made over the past 50 years in the area of official languages and to look to the future.
This Symposium represents the largest gathering of official languages stakeholders in the country. It allowed invited participants to take a look at the challenges and progress made to date and to reflect on the rich exchanges and issues discussed during the series of forums and round tables held in recent weeks to modernize the Official Languages Act.
The main themes addressed at the Symposium included:
- History and review of the Official Languages Act
- Presentation on the review of the Official Languages Act as a step towards its modernization
- Institutions that embody official languages
- Official languages in the digital age and Canada in the world
- The promotion of culture and bilingualism and the mobilization, development and vitality of official language minority communities
The Symposium on the 50th Anniversary of the Official Languages Act was held at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa from May 27 to 28, 2019.
Find out what Canadians had to say during consultations about the modernization of the Official Languages Act.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: