Share your thoughts: Directions to the CRTC (Sustainable and Equitable Broadcasting Regulatory Framework)
Current Status: Closed
This consultation ran from June 10, 2023 to July 25, 2023.
About the consultations
The Department of Canadian Heritage invites you to share your thoughts on “Directions to the CRTC (Sustainable and Equitable Broadcasting Regulatory Framework)” and on the Regulatory Impact Assessment Statement that describes the directions and how they were developed. The proposed policy directions give binding, high-level instructions to the CRTC as it implements the Online Streaming Act.
Join in: How to participate
You are invited to share your feedback via the Canada Gazette online. According to the Broadcasting Act, feedback will be published.
Who can participate
The Department is seeking input from all Canadians and interested parties.
You are invited to share your thoughts on any section of the proposed policy directions. The proposed directions give the CRTC instructions on how it will implement the Online Streaming Act, including directions designed to:
- Ensure meaningful participation of Indigenous persons;
- Exclude social media creators;
- Support diversity and inclusion;
- Support Canadian creators and media;
- Implementing discoverability and showcasing requirements ;
- Redefine Canadian programs; and
- Create an equitable, flexible and adaptable regulatory framework.
Your thoughts will inform the final policy directions to the CRTC.
- Date modified: