Federal Anti-Racism Secretariat
Information and resources related to the Federal Anti-Racism Secretariat's work to combat systemic racism and racial discrimination, as it helps the Government of Canada fulfill its goal of achieving a fully diverse, inclusive and equitable society.
Message from the Minister of Diversity and Inclusion and Youth
Diversity and inclusion are both fundamental to a more inclusive society, where all Canadians are able to participate and thrive. Although our government has already taken important steps to combat racism, systemic racism is still a daily reality for too many Canadians.
Video — Message from Minister Bardish Chagger
Services and information
Learn more about the Federal Anti-Racism Secretariat.
Learn how the Federal Anti-Racism Secretariat is engaging across government and with many communities directly affected by systemic racism to inform the federal response to the pandemic.
Discover how the Government of Canada is empowering communities across the country to respond to systemic racism and racial discrimination through many initiatives.
Review the latest news related to the work of the Government of Canada on anti-racism, diversity, inclusion and equity.
Get information about the national anti-racism strategy, as well as the engagement process that led to its development, which guide the work of the Secretariat.
Get information on discrimination and hate crime statistics in Canada.
Related anti-racism resources
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada: Call to Action (PDF format)
- Reclaiming Power and Place: The Final Report of the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls
- Diversity of the Black population in Canada: An overview
- Canada’s Black Population: Education, Labour and Resilience
- Results from the 2016 Census: Education and Labour Market Integration of Black youth in Canada
- Changes in the socioeconomic situation of Canada’s Black population, 2001 to 2016
Legal instruments and mechanisms
- International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination
- Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Multiculturalism Act
- Canadian Human Rights Act
- Criminal Code
- Canadian Race Relations Foundation Act
- Canadian Human Rights Commission
- Provincial and Territorial Human Rights Commissions
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: