Bulletin: CAVCO and COVID-19
Gatineau, April 22, 2020
In accordance with guidelines for responding to COVID-19, CAVCO employees are working from home. There is heavy demand on our computer network and we are currently taking longer than normal to process tax credit and CAVCO ID applications. We have streamlined our internal processes to speed things up as much as possible.
These changes to our rules and procedures are in effect until further notice:
- Applications will be processed even if we have not received payment by cheque. We will, however, require payment before a certificate can be issued. (CAVCO accepts payment only by cheque.)
- Producers must scan and upload the signed attestation form with their CAVCO application and then mail the original document to our office.
- Affidavits do not need to be notarized.
- For Part B or A/B applications submitted after the 24-month deadline, producers must scan and upload completed waiver forms with their CAVCO applications. Producers must also continue to mail completed waiver forms to the Canada Revenue Agency. Instructions for completing the form.
The following guidance will help CAVCO provide the best service possible:
- Producers should upload videos to the web portal, instead of sending physical media in the mail.
- For general inquiries, it is better to email firstname.lastname@example.org, instead of calling. As usual, communications about specific applications should be done through the communications tool in the web portal.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: