Individual Initiatives – Canada Music Fund
The Individual Initiatives component provides financial assistance to undertake activities that are central to the development of Canadian artists, the promotion of their music and the expansion of their audience. Examples of supported activities under this component include the production and marketing of Canadian sound recordings, domestic and international touring (including showcases) of Canadian artists, artist management, publishing of Canadian musical works and business development. Applicants have access to annual funding either through a comprehensive envelope funding or project-by-project support.
Who can apply
Eligible recipients include:
- Canadian artists / artists-entrepreneurs; and
- Canadian music industry professionals, including for-profit Canadian owned and controlled firms (such as record labels, music publishers and those involved in artist management) and not-for-profit organizations whose principal business or purpose is central to the career development of Canadian music artists.
How to apply
The Individual Initiatives component is administered by the Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent on Recordings (FACTOR) for the English-language sector of the music industry, and the Fondation Musicaction (Musicaction) for the French-language sector.
For full details on how to apply, please contact:
FACTOR247 Spadina Ave., 3rd Floor
4385 Saint-Hubert Street, Suite 2
1-800-861-5561 (toll free in Canada)
Please contact the Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent on Recordings (FACTOR) and Fondation Musicaction (Musicaction) for application deadlines.
Contact usDepartment of Canadian Heritage
Music Policy and Programs
25 Eddy Street, 25-8-T
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: