Archived - Evaluation of the Advanced Policy Analyst Program - Annex A
Level 1) Inputs
- Information, technology, financial and human resources
Level 2) Activities
- Recruitment, screening and placement
- Assignments, training and evaluation
- Administration and governance
- Program alumni support
Level 3) Outputs
- Human Resources
- Products for recruitment and selectionÂ (e.g. staffing advertisement, statement of merit, selection guidelines);
- Qualified candidates;
- Letters of offer.
- Assignments and Training
- Signed assignment agreements;
- Orientation sessions;
- Learning objectives and language training plans;
- Good quality assignments arranged for recruits
- Completed assignments;
- Performance assessment and evaluation.
- Steering Committee and program administration
- Memoranda of Understanding;
- Resources allocation and cost recovery;
- Coordinated program, advisory and networking communities;
- Direction and oversight, including approval of participants for admission, promotion and graduation.
- Alumni Advisory Board and Program Advisors Â
- Mentoring and networking;
- Guidance, advice and support to program participants and administrators.
Level 4) Immediate Outcome
- Participants in the program gain knowledge and skills:
- an understanding of the Cabinet and parliamentary systems, and of the roles of central agencies and line departments;
- exposure to the overall functioning of government, to a variety of policy areas and policy making, and to the expenditure management process;
- opportunities to hone soft skills (analytical thinking, judgment etc); and
- an effective network of colleagues and program alumni across government.
- Central agencies and federal organizations employ analysts who have the required knowledge, experience and skills for policy work
Level 5) Intermediate Outcomes
- Highly trained and qualified analysts excel inÂ policy roles in the Government of Canada
- Increased federal organizations’ access to highly trained and qualified policy analysts with the ability to lead
Level 6) Final Outcomes
- The Government of Canada's policy capacity is strengthened
- Date modified: