Onboarding with an iPhone
This guide offers instructions to onboard onto Defence 365 (D365) using your personal Apple iOS mobile device. Once the following steps are complete, you will be able to login to your D365 account on any personal device, including laptops and mobile devices using the Microsoft Authenticator app to authenticate your identity.
When you have successfully onboarded using the following guide, it is important to add a second authentication method, in addition to the Microsoft Authenticator app. A second method ensures you can still authenticate your identity and access your D365 account if you are unable to use the Authenticator app.
Note: You must use the Microsoft Teams app when using this guide, browser sign-in on mobile devices does not work for onboarding.
If you run into problems using this guide, read how to onboard without a smartphone guide.
Onboarding with your iOS Mobile Device
- On your mobile device, open the App Store and download:
- Microsoft Authenticator app and;
- Microsoft Teams app.
- Open Microsoft Authenticator.
- On the initial screen, select “Accept”.
- On the following screen tap “Skip”, located in the upper right corner of the app.
- Exit the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Open the Microsoft Teams app.
- When prompted, sign in with your ECN email address (eg: firstname.lastname@example.org) and password. The password will be the one provided on the MyInfo page (available via DWAN) or provided by your local service desk if you don’t have access to the Defence Wide Area Network (DWAN). Contact your manager if you need assistance.
- You may be asked to update your password.
- The next screen will read “More Information Required”, tap “Next”.
- The next screen will read “Microsoft Authenticator: Start by getting the app”, tap “Next”.
- The next screen will read “Microsoft Authenticator: Set up your account in the app”. Tap on the link that says, “Pair your account to the app by clicking this link”.
- A pop up informing you that Microsoft Authenticator would like to send you notifications. Tap “Allow”.
- Tap “Next”.
- A pop-up notification will appear that reads “Are you trying to sign in?”.
- Enter the number shown on the screen below, and then tap “Yes”
- If you can’t see the number, select “I can’t see the number” to hide the screen for a few seconds. When the screen returns you can enter the number.
- If successful, the next screen will read “Notification approved”. Tap “Next”.
- On the next screen tap “Done”.
- The following screen will read “Help us keep your device secure”. Tap “Register”.
- Teams will then ask you to authenticate using the authenticator app. Follow the same procedure as steps 12-16.
- Add a second authentication method. This will ensure you can still access your D365 account if you are unable to use the Authenticator app. Instructions on adding a second authentication method: Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Guide for Defence 365. Instructions on adding a second authentication method.
- Once authenticated you have successfully onboarded!
You have set up the Authenticator app on your mobile device. Every time you login to D365 on any personal device (laptop and mobile devices) you will be able to Authenticate your identity using your mobile device.
Accessing the D365 portal on Mobile Devices
- Open Play Store (Android)/App Store (iOS) and download SharePoint.
- Open SharePoint.
- In the search bar at the top of the screen type “D365 Portal”.
- Tap the link that pops up and you will be directed to the D365 Portal.
- Date modified: