Joint Operations Symposium 2023 - Administrative Instruction
3000-01 (DJR/JX/RDIMS #557985)
JOS 2023 Participants
- CJOC Executive Summary, Joint Operations Symposium 2023, (DJR/RDIMS # 554954),
- CJOC DJR email, JOS 2023 Update, 01 February 2023
- Aim. This instruction provides administrative information to in-person invitees and their primary points of contact (POCs) on the Joint Operations Symposium 2023 (JOS 2023) to be conducted at the Canadian War Museum (CWM) in Ottawa, on and .
- Participation and Public Health Measures:
- In-person attendance to this symposium is by invitation only. All others will attend virtually; and
- CJOC HQ health force protection posture will be in-place for JOS 2023; where necessary and appropriate, proper non-medical 3-ply KN 95 masks will be worn. Masks will be available in the Registration Ateliers. Appropriate cleaning measures are in-place for microphones and surfaces.
- Timings. The JOS 2023 agenda is posted to the JOS webpage at: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/campaigns/joint-ops-symposium.html. Additional timing information follows:
- POCs are requested to have their participants registered for JOS 2023 through the JOS website. JOS registrations are required as soon as possible but no later than ; and
- The VIP photograph with the A/CDS will occur during the Day One coffee break () for selected guests.
- Location. Barney Danson Theatre (BDT), The Canadian War Museum, 1 Vimy Place, Ottawa, ON.
- Accommodations. Individual responsibility.
- Security. JOS 2023 is an unclassified series of briefings, panels and discussions. However, to ensure proper discussion protocols are adhered to:
- No personal removable media or mobile wireless devices such as smart phones, cell phones or tablets are permitted in the BDT. There will be a secure storage area in the Registration Atelier for these items; and
- All access to the BDT will be controlled physically with the use of an access badge control system. Access badges will be issued based on confirmation of the participant’s identification during registration at the CWM, - hrs on and - on
- Information Management.
- The main platform for the passage of information will be the JOS site at: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/campaigns/joint-ops-symposium.html. Email will be the platform of choice for any passage of critical or immediate information;
- All presentations and discussions will be held at the UNCLASS level;
- Simultaneous interpretation in English and French will be available for in-person attendees, if required;
- The JOS 2023 will be recorded in its entirety, and edited for future access;
- Virtual streaming of JOS 2023 will be provided by Baldwin AV. Virtual attendance must be requested through the JOS 2023 registration website. Live stream guidelines are as follows:
- Simultaneous interpretation will be provided in English and French;
- Virtual attendees will access the live stream via a JOS 2023 webcast site. The URL link along with the password will be sent via email NLT ;
- The live stream is best viewed on a non-DWAN, non-VPN device. A personal computer with Internet access is the recommended viewing option using Google Chrome web browser;
- Type the provided URL link into the web browser. At this point, the JOS 2023 site will request navigation in English or French. The live stream will be activated once the password has been entered; and
- Virtual participants may ask questions to the speakers and/or panelists during Q&A sessions via the email tab on the webcast viewer. Questions will be vetted by the Control Table and submitted to the moderators for response.
- CAF/Allied participants. Long-sleeved shirts with tie (Service Dress 3A), or equivalent national uniform;
- Civilians. Business attire; and
- Support Staff. Operational dress.
- Participants are responsible to arrange their own transport while in Ottawa JOS 2023 will not be providing pickup or shuttle services;
- Underground parking is available at the CWM for $13.00/day; and
- A duty vehicle will be available for urgent use, should it be required. Coordination for its use will be through the on-site JOS 2023 Support Team Lead.
- A working lunch will be provided under a bulk food services contract at public expense; and
- Catered coffee, and refreshments will be available at the CWM from - each day.
- Point of Contact.
- JOS 2023 Coord, Mr Grant Yakimenko, Office: (613) 992-1261 / Mobile: (613) 327-7846 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: